Students returned refreshed from the vacation and buoyed by the news of the remarkable and on-going recovery of one of our Year 12 students who had been involved in a serious accident the previous term. The term ahead promises to be a busy one with much activity around sport and drama as we prepare for Country Week and our School Production. This sense of purpose certainly adds to the cohesive feeling of a vibrant community which is one of the School’s great strengths.
Events in prospect this term include:
- Friday 8th May – ASC 30th Anniversary Eucharist and dinner – students and staff participating
- Monday 11th May – NAPLAN test week for Years 7 and 8
- Friday 15th – Saturday 16th May – ASC Retreat for senior staff in ASC schools
- Week beginning Monday 25th May – School Exams preceded by preparation in study-skills
- Monday 1st June – WA Foundation Day Holiday
- Friday 12th June – Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours at EACS
- Wednesday 17th June – Formal Opening of Stage 3 including Founders Day and a School Council Meeting
- Friday 19th June – School Review Happy Ever Laughter at Bijou Theatre
- Monday 22nd June – School Review Happy Ever Laughter at Bijou Theatre
- Friday 26th June – School Review Happy Ever Laughter at Bijou Theatre
- Saturday 27th June – Friday 3rd July – Country Week in Perth – teams in basketball, volleyball, netball, soccer and dance
Our newly formed Parents and Friends Association will also be organising social events and busy bees during the term as another demonstration of the development of the School community.
We look forward to an enjoyable and fulfilling time in the coming weeks!
P. Kerr Fulton-Peebles