Boarding at EACS
It’s important that we create a sense of family and home for our boarding students. Through caring, committed and friendly staff we aim to create an atmosphere that is warm and inclusive, where students feel happy and respected.
- House Parents and Assistant House Parents - Act as ‘parent’ figures, overseeing the day-to-day running of the boarding house to create a safe, disciplined and caring environment. House Parents and Assistant House Parents are responsible for the welfare of boarders and boarding house routines.
- Tutors - Dedicated resident academic tutors assigned to specific year groups.
- House Mother - Plays a pivotal role in the day to day running.
Our boarding house is home for up to 40 students. Boarders will reside in twin or single rooms, all with en-suite bathrooms.
- Comfortable accommodation within a warm, friendly environment
- Right in the centre of the School
- Four common room areas with snack-making facilities.
- All rooms air-conditioned
- Wireless monitored internet access
- Secure storage for personal belongings
- Close to town
Our boarding students enjoy:
- After school sporting, outdoor education and community service activities
- Scheduled weekend activities and outings
- Structured evening study with academic assistance and preparation time
- Extended use of the School facilities, including sporting facilities
- Laundry rooms and weekly laundry service
- Health care – Matron provides a basic level of first-aid care. Students will also have access to the local doctor and hospital when required
- Dedicated dining area in the main School building
- Healthy and nutritious meals prepared in the School canteen
A key pillar of our School philosophy is a broad education and all students are offered a varied co-curricular programme. Boarders, in particular, benefit from participation in afterschool and weekend activities. Our location close to the centre of town and on the doorstep of a spectacular coastline means that students have access to a range of opportunities.
- Walking and cycle trails
- Cinema and theatre
- Outdoor education activities including sailing, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding
- Vibrant and competitive sporting culture
- Community service activities
- Shopping centre