The ‘ETA’ Executive Team Address
TERM 4 WEEK 1 REFLECTIONS
A big welcome back to all EACS families and it is hoped that the holidays provided for some relaxing and enjoyable family and leisure time as well as some important study opportunities for our Year 12 ATAR students.
Spreading the EACS message
This Friday is the Esperance Show long weekend and the school will be closed to all but our year 12 ATAR students sitting their exams. For the majority of students, the Esperance Show weekend will no doubt be viewed as an exciting variation to routine and a timely opportunity to catch up with friends and dare it be said ‘have a good time’. From a school perspective however it is a much broader opportunity to market and promote ourselves, spruiking the benefits of an EACS education, of which there are many.
This week pamphlets are being distributed throughout Esperance and surrounding districts all the way up to Norseman and Kalgoorlie. The pamphlet drop is part of a wider campaign to engage in local marketing initiatives to provide Esperance families with a clear understanding of who we are and what we stand for as a school. The key message in coming weeks and months, in print and over the airwaves, will be that EACS is not only an AFFORDABLE education prospect, but the BEST CHOICE educational prospect for families to consider for their children.
Why affordable? From 2020 school fees will be reduced by 50%, as indicated:
- Year 7 $2,300
- Year 8 $2,400
- Year 9&10 $2,550
- Year 11&12 $2,700
- Health Care Card Tuition Fee (Years 7-12) $1,500
- Boarding $18,500 (all inclusive)
Why best choice? Because we have a great product which offers children a diverse academic curriculum, vibrant co-curricular and extra-curricular programmes and strong pastoral support to give students the confidence and security to grow and develop at their own pace and showcase their talents and abilities in safe nurturing surrounds.
But no amount of marketing initiatives will ever replace the powerful marketing benefits that happy and content children and families can provide. So, with this in mind, please take every opportunity to speak proudly and loudly with friends and prospective new families whenever the opportunity presents. Your support of our fine school is greatly appreciated.
Please note – Esperance Show stand location
This year due to the new stadium construction our school stand will be located in a purposebuilt marquee (plot 667/668) located on the Greater Sports Ground playing fields. If you’re passing don’t forget to stop by and say hello. The wonderful EACS face painters will once again be performing a valuable community service putting their artistic and creative abilities to work whilst putting smiles on the faces of scores of Esperance youngsters in the process.ฒฝยฬ
What's on this week (week 1)
- Monday to Friday Year 12 Mock WACE Exams (Year 12 study leave)
- Friday School Closed (Esperance Show)
- 21-25 October Year 12 students back in school (final week)
- 25 October Year 12 final day breakfast
- 25 October EACS Chess Congress
- 01-07 November Year 11 Exams
- 08 November Year 11 First Aid training (St Johns, Esperance, Sub Centre)
- 04-08 November Year 10 Exams
- 15 November Transition Day
- 18 November Mid-term break (school closed)
- 19-22 November Year 7-9 Exams
- 08 December Musical Soiree and family afternoon 1300-1600hrs
- 10 December Night of Celebration and Awards
- 12 December Inter-house Beach Volleyball (all day)
- 16 December 2019S2 Reports issued
Executive Principal Dates - Esperance
- Tuesday 22 October – Thursday 24 October (am)
- Wednesday 6 November – Friday 8 November (am)
- Tuesday 3 December – Thursday 5 December (am)
- Tuesday 10 December – Wednesday 11 December (am)
Best wishes for the week ahead.