The ‘ETA’ Executive Team Address
TERM 2 WEEK 9 REFLECTIONS
As we look back on a semester that has been unprecedented, let us hope that COVID-19 is now well and truly behind us and increasingly we can look forward with optimism that more and more events can be added back onto the school calendar. As this is the final ETA for the term may we take this opportunity, once again, to thank all staff, students and parents for the manner in which you have embraced and dealt with the restrictions in place and the variation to normal school routines during the remote learning program.
Semester Reports will be made available to students and parents via Seqta Learn (Students) and Engage (Parents) on Monday 6th July. With this in mind this ETA focusses on the information available to assist you in making sense of the report once received.
Progress Report - The nature of this report is a Progress Report reflecting achievement across Semester One. The Final Report, reflecting achievement across the whole year, will be forthcoming at the end of the year.
Subject Report - The subject report informs you about your child’s academic attainment, effort and progress throughout the semester, including aspects relating to work habits and attitude. The report also shows the percentage of students in the five achievement bands for all learning areas taught.
Feedback - Feedback is an important aspect of the reporting process. But rather than a written subject comment, the school now provides more immediate and specific written feedback for each student and the work they have completed throughout the year across multiple assessment opportunities. We feel that this is a far more powerful and intuitive means of reporting to parents. Ongoing assessment feedback can be gleamed directly via the Seqta communication portal under the ‘Assessments’ tab.
The Achievement Standard grade descriptors are shown below:
- A = Excellent The student demonstrates excellent achievement of what is expected for this year level.
- B = High The student demonstrates high achievement of what is expected for this year level.
- C = Satisfactory The student demonstrates satisfactory achievement of what is expected for this year level.
- D = Limited The student demonstrates limited achievement of what is expected for this year level.
- E = Very Low The student demonstrates very low achievement of what is expected for this year level.
The semester Performance Descriptors are shown below:
- Attitude — Does the student demonstrate the right attitude for the lesson?
- Behaviour — Does the student demonstrate appropriate behaviour during the lesson?
- Effort — Does the student display consistent and genuine levels of effort during the lesson?
- Organisation — Does the student bring the required books and materials to their lesson?
- Completion of homework — Does the student complete assigned homework tasks with genuine intent and to a satisfactory standard?
Advisory Tutor Report - The Advisory report encapsulates an overall summary of progress and achievement across all learning areas as well as the level of student engagement during Advisory Group and co-curricular activities. It is also an opportunity for the Advisory Group Tutor to report on each child’s social and emotional wellbeing and development.
Subject Report Template - Students will receive a subject report for each subject they have engaged with in their studies. The key aspects of the report template are outlined below.
Maths Pathway Parents Information Evening
We will be holding a Maths Pathway Parent Information Evening at the school on Wednesday 1st of July from 5.30-6.30pm. This will be a good opportunity for year 7-9 parents to learn more about the different components of the learning and teaching model. Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions it is essential that we have a clear idea of numbers, hence parents are kindly requested to RSVP to the school ASAP
What’s on next week (Week 10)
- Monday Year 10 Subject Selection Course briefings with Staff
- Tuesday-Friday Executive Principal Mr Bartell in School
- Tuesday Anglican Schools Commission CEO Rev’d Peter Laurence OAM visit
- Wednesday Table Tennis Championship Final
- Wednesday Maths Pathways Parents Information Evening (Years 7-9)
- Thursday Advanced Standing luncheon for students
- Friday Final day of term 2
In closing, please be advised that Term 3 commences for students on Tuesday 21 July
Best wishes for the week ahead and for a happy and safe holiday in the company of loved ones and friends.